What You Need to Know
How much time do you spend finding the ideal real estate agent to represent you? Do you research several agents before you ultimately make your decision? More importantly what criteria do you use for your research? The answers to these questions will, in the end, determine not only how much money you can make or save in your real estate transactions but also save you from the stress and headaches brought on as a result of choosing the wrong representative.
So let’s start with some basic agent qualification questions that you should consider before you choose the ideal agent to list your home for sale.
- How many years of experience does the agent have? What geographic area does the agent cover?
- Does the agent specialize in a given market? i.e. Luxury Homes, rental properties, estate sales, first time home buyers.
- What is the average marketing time for properties previously listed by the agent?
- What is the average sold price comparison to the original listing price for the agent’s listings?
- What individualized marketing strategies are employed to differentiate the agent from other agents?
- What tools does the agent actively utilize to continually promote his/her business and their listings?
- Are prior customer testimonials and recommendations readily available and published for public inspection?
- What forms of communication with the client does the agent actively use throughout the transaction?
- Does the agent maintain relationship with tradespeople and other services associated with real estate transactions.
My Customized Approach
So as an example let me answer these questions as they apply to me and you’ll see why I think on The Big Island of Hawaii I stand out above my peers.
I have over thirty years in total industry experience. I have an intricate knowledge and multiple closed transactions for first-time home-buyers, luxury homes, vacation rentals and vacant land. I have personally designed and built four homes here on the Big Island of Hawaii while also representing buyers and sellers of new and existing dwellings. As a result, I have many contacts with local tradesman, designers, architects, attorneys, lenders and other services to facilitate your real estate transactions. I advertise through social media, targeted marketing, print media, demographic mailings, newsletters, open houses, my website and other customized promotions. My average listing time averages under 120 days at 95% sale price to the original listing price. I preview and research multiple properties for my buyers before showing them so that I can maximize their buying experience and time. I communicate with my clients regularly using the personal approach either in person or by phone. Of course, I use e-mail, texts and other forms of communication as an integral part of “staying in touch” but I find that keeping it personal eliminates a lot of the miscommunication that sometimes happens with a sole e-mail approach. Of course this brief summary of my qualifications doesn’t represent me fully as a person so I invite you to read the comments from my previous clients available on my personal business website, Google, Linked-In, and Facebook so that you can get a sense of who I am and why one of my clients wrote “And we made a friend for life”. My goal is to make you and your family my clients for life so I pledge to go more than the extra mile for you as I continually achieve 100% customer satisfaction. Nothing less is acceptable to me and it shouldn’t be for you.